How to write the methods section of a research paper?
Scientific studies are classified according to various criteria:
- Depending on the research methods section, the used scientific research can be theoretical, theoretical and experimental, and experimental.
- Theoretical scientific research is based on the use of logical and mathematical methods of cognition, their result can be the establishment of dependencies, properties, relations, etc. in the objects under study. For example, the study of the nature and role of distribution costs in trade.
- Theoretical experimental research is a theoretical study, associated with the simultaneous experimental verification of identified dependencies, properties, relationships, etc. For example, a study of factors affecting the amount and level of distribution costs in trade.
- Experimental scientific research is research conducted in specific objects in order to identify new dependencies, properties, relationships, or test previously put forward theoretical positions. For example, the study of the formation of distribution costs in commercial enterprises.
- Depending on the scope of the use of the results, research is divided into fundamental, applied and development.
- Fundamental scientific research is experimental or theoretical research aimed at obtaining fundamentally new knowledge about the laws governing the development of nature, society, man, and their interconnection. The need for such research is due to the needs of the national economy or industry. They can end with recommendations regarding the formulation of applied research to determine the possibilities for the practical use of scientific knowledge gained, scientific publications, etc.
- Applied scientific research is a scientific and scientific-technical activity aimed at obtaining and using knowledge for practical purposes, searching for the most rational ways of practical use of the results of basic scientific research in the national economy. Their final consequence is recommendations for the creation of technical innovations (innovations). For example, the study of the effectiveness of the mechanization of labor in retail trade enterprises.